[Library Media] The use of subject headings

Heather Novotny hnovotny at mcgillisschool.org
Wed Mar 22 13:07:24 MDT 2017

One thing I like about this method is that you can scroll down the page of the bib record on the County Library's website and click "Librarian View" and you'll see the numbers for the MARC fields. I am new to cataloging, and I don't know my MARC fields very well, so this helps me out.

Mainly my ILS pulls metadata from a couple of different systems using the z39 thingy, and I edit that to make as complete a catalog record as I can.

 Heather Novotny
Librarian
The McGillis School
668 South 1300 East Salt Lake City, UT 84102
hnovotny at mcgillisschool.org