[Library Media] Fwd: Do you know a student with a nose for news?

Cindy Mitchell cindy.mitchell at jordandistrict.org
Tue Mar 7 09:54:19 MST 2017

What a cool opportunity for our students!

--Cindy Mitchell

Begin forwarded message:

*From: *"Sullivan, Brittany" <BSullivan at Scholastic.com>
*Subject: **Do you know a student with a nose for news?*
*Date: *March 7, 2017 at 9:42:49 AM MST
*To: *"kissthebook at me.com" <kissthebook at me.com>

Hi Cindy,

I wanted to give you a heads up that the award-winning *Scholastic News
Kids Press Corps* has opened its call for applications for the 2017–2018
school year! Students ages 10–14 from across the country and around the
world with a “nose for news,” a passion for writing, and a strong interest
in journalism are encouraged to apply.

*Students can download the** Scholastic News Kids Press Corps application
online at www.scholastic.com/kidreporters
<http://www.scholastic.com/kidreporters>. Applications must be received by
May 31, 2017.*

For more than 17 years, The Scholastic News Kids Press Corps has covered
breaking news, current events, entertainment stories, and sporting events.
Past Kid Reporter interviews have included exclusives with President Barack
Obama <http://mediaroom.scholastic.com/node/489>, former First Lady Michelle
Obama
<http://mediaroom.scholastic.com/press-release/scholastic-news-exclusive-first-lady-michelle-obama-reflects-let-s-move-initiative-and>
, Tim McGraw
<http://magazines.scholastic.com/news/2016/05/Stay-Humble-and-Kind>, Gabby
Douglas <http://kpcnotebook.scholastic.com/post/superhero-gymnast>, Marian
Wright Edelman
<http://magazines.scholastic.com/kids-press/news/2015/02/A-Woman-of-Justice>
, Seth Meyers
<http://kpcnotebook.scholastic.com/post/secrets-late-night-success-video>,
Malala
Yousafzai <http://kpcnotebook.scholastic.com/post/price-education>,
and Lin-Manuel
Miranda <http://magazines.scholastic.com/news/2016/06/Inside-Hamilton>, to
name a few. Kid Reporter stories are published online at the Scholastic
News Kids Press Corps website as well as in Scholastic Classroom Magazines,
which reach more than 25 million students in classrooms nationwide.

I hope you will share this news with your colleagues, readers, and friends.
Below are some resources to help you spread the word. Let me know if you
have any questions!

Best,
Brittany

*Press Release (w/downloadable image): *http://mediaroom.
scholastic.com/press-release/scholastic-news-kids-press-corps-now-accepting-
applications-2017-2018-school-year

*Suggested Tweets:*
·         Are your students aspiring journalists? Kids ages 10-14 can apply
to join the Scholastic News @KidsPress Corps! www.scholastic.com/
kidreporters
·         The award-winning Scholastic News @KidsPress Corps is now
accepting applications for the 2017–2018 school year www.scholastic.com/