[Library Media] Barcode & Spine Labels compatible with Alexandria; recipt printer compatible with Alexandria

Heather Novotny hnovotny at mcgillisschool.org
Mon Feb 6 13:46:29 MST 2017

HI, friends!

Anyone using Alexandria, the ILS from CompanionCorp?

I need to reorder supplies, and my predecessor preferred the COMPanion branded labels. I am wondering if any of you fabulous people has had any success with Avery 5140 labels instead of the COMPanion barcode labels? And is anyone using a cheaper spine label? We are using CompanionCorp V0032 spine labels (priced at $50 for 4,800) and COMPanion V0055 blank laser labels to print barcodes (priced at $20 for 3,000).

Also am thinking of getting a receipt printer. Do any other small libraries bother with this? Currently I print hold slips on my laser printer, uses a whole page.

Our library is about 10,000 items, serving 540ish students, and we circulate 1,000-2,000 items/month.

 Heather Novotny
Librarian
The McGillis School
668 South 1300 East Salt Lake City, UT 84102
hnovotny at mcgillisschool.org