[Library Media] Fwd: Judges Needed for Utah History Day This Spring

Sharon Deeds sdeeds at utah.gov
Wed Feb 1 10:56:45 MST 2017

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Wendy Rex Atzet <wratzet at utah.gov>
Date: Wed, Feb 1, 2017 at 10:55 AM
Subject: Judges Needed for Utah History Day This Spring
To: Wendy Rex-Atzet <wratzet at utah.gov>

Friends,

We are looking for folks around the state who would be great at judging
History Day projects!

Judging is a wonderful way to support history education in Utah, it's
rewarding, and it's fun! Please join us as a judge this year, and help us
spread the word.

* Do you know someone who would love this? A colleague, relative or friend
who loves history and is great with kids? Share this email with them.

* If you are considering using History Day in your classroom, judging is a
great way to get your feet wet and see the program in action.

* Yes, current History Day teachers can judge!  If you have students
competing just let us know during sign-up so we can place you in a
different category.

We provide training, materials, and lunch during the contest. The time
commitment is usually 8:00 am - 1:30 pm.

*SIGN UP ONLINE: **www.history.utah.gov/judges*
<http://www.history.utah.gov/judges>

*​Spring Contest Locations and Dates*

Regional Contests:

   - Logan - March 7 (Tuesday)
   - Ogden - March 24 (Friday)
   - Salt Lake - March 17 (Friday)
   - Orem - March 20 (Monday)
   - Price - March 4 (Saturday)
   - Ephraim - March 24 (Friday)
   - Beaver - March 24 (Friday)
   - St. George - March 25 (Saturday)
   - Blanding - February 22 (Wednesday)

​​State Contest:

   - Murray - April 29 ​(Saturday)

[image: Inline image 1]
​Many thanks,
Wendy​

--

Wendy Rex-Atzet, Ph.D.
State Coordinator
wratzet at utah.gov
On the web at: https://heritage.utah.gov/history/utah-history-day

Utah History Day, formerly called Utah History Fair, has operated
continuously in Utah since 1980. We are part of the National History Day
family. Proudly housed at the Utah Division of State History.

--
Sharon Deeds, Youth Services Coordinator/Consultant
Utah State Library Division
sdeeds at utah.gov