[Library Media] Fwd: [cosslc] February 2017 Continuing Education Events for School Librarians

Sharon Deeds sdeeds at utah.gov
Mon Jan 30 14:34:19 MST 2017

FYI...

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Paige Bredenkamp <paige.bredenkamp at wyo.gov>
Date: Mon, Jan 30, 2017 at 2:30 PM
Subject: February 2017 Continuing Education Events for School Librarians
To: sdeeds at utah.gov

Wow, we are already saying "So Long!" to January and "Hello" to February!

If you are looking to develop professionally, here is the calendar of free
events that are school library-related.

If you want to learn more about the GoWYLD.net resource offered in Wyoming,
Chris Van Burgh offers monthly training webinars, exploring a specific
database or topic. This month she will show you how to navigate the *History
Reference Center*. You don't want to miss this Database of the Month
offering on February 9!

I will be doing a webinar on *Collaboration in the 21st Century School
Library *on February 27 at 2:30.

Two events this month are dedicated to *Future Ready Libraries*, and two
more are focused on information and media literacy in this era of 'fake
news' and' alternative facts'.

As always, you can check out the entire month's calendar by clicking on
this link http://library.wyo.gov/services/training/calendar

Have a fantastic week and see you on the other side of February!

--
Paige Bredenkamp
*School Library Consultant*
paige.bredenkamp at wyo.gov
307-777-6331 <(307)%20777-6331>

*A Connected School Library Community is a Stronger School Library
Community.*

Currently reading: *The Girl Who Drank the Moon *by Kelly Barnhill-Newbery
Medal Winner 2017

of public business, is subject to the Wyoming Public Records
Act and may be disclosed to third parties.

--
Sharon Deeds, Youth Services Coordinator/Consultant
Utah State Library Division
sdeeds at utah.gov