[Library Media] 2017 UELMA Conference

Michelle Miles michelle.miles at jordandistrict.org
Mon Jan 9 12:21:04 MST 2017

Hope you all had a great holiday break.  It is now time to start thinking
about the annual UELMA Conference.  The conference will be on March
3rd and *registration
is now open*.  The link to online registration is below.  You also have the
option of printing off the registration form and mailing it in --whatever
works best for you.  Register on or before February 20th!

Conference Registration
<http://www.uelmaconference.org/Registration-payment.html>

We are now taking nominations for the UELMA awards.  The three categories
are Teacher/Librarian of the Year, Paraprofessional of the Year, and
Administrator of the Year.  If you would like to nominate anyone, the link
to the nomination form is below.  Lets celebrate those who are making a
difference in school libraries.  Nominations are due by February 3rd.

Nomination Form
<https://docs.google.com/a/jordandistrict.org/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSf_MY9S3eCPozJhob075dyz5wv-MhhicqH-GipK-6EeOiwFew/viewform>

Finally, we have had a lot of great session proposals submitted.  This is
going to be an awesome conference.  However, there were a few topics that
we could still use a session on.  Below are topics that got a lot of
interest in the survey that was sent out a few months ago.  In order to
meet the needs of our members, it would be great if we could provide
sessions on these topics as well.   If anyone is willing to do a session on
any of the following, please submit a proposal via the link below.  We
could also use a few more poster sessions on any topic.   All proposals
need to be submitted by Friday, January 13th.

Book Repair
Weeding Tips
Displays/How to Promote Books
How to Give Great Book Talks
Self-Censorship (censorship vs selection)
Fake News
Gathering Data

<http://www.uelmaconference.org/Registration-payment.html>
Presenter Proposal Form
<https://docs.google.com/a/jordandistrict.org/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSciUv1lwRjVOSvM8tqfYCTThY0QWKzoBR7N-cWOK33i6rS09Q/viewform?c=0&w=1>

Poster Presentation Form
<https://docs.google.com/a/jordandistrict.org/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSd7hikAtkW5qw8O8vpZ1hv-tYYTwvvkp_yx4nQuGR3poLgXuA/viewform>

We hope to see you all at the conference in March.  Thanks so much for all
you do.

Michelle Miles
UELMA Past-President
Conference Chair