[Library Media] Fake News - Remember Truman and Dewey?!

georgeweight at integrity.com georgeweight at integrity.com
Sun Dec 4 21:54:41 MST 2016

The Boston Globe Article "Deportations to Begin" should have been dated
April 1st, not April 9th. But we'll see.

Getting fake news and information is only one danger on these phony links.
Many of them are intended to lead the innocent user into scams; identity
thieves are notorious for posting them.

Thanks to all for your continued good work! We've got an upcoming
generation that  altogether too soon will be filling your shoes!

> Just another article to add to the mix!
>

> https://www.middleweb.com/33386/students-need-our-help-detecting-fake-news/?utm_content=&utm_medium=email&utm_name=&utm_source=govdelivery&utm_term=
>

> I appreciate the resources and articles that everyone has been sending.
What a teaching and  for librarian advocacy opportunity!

> Sarah G. Herron
> President, Utah Educational Library Media Association
> Library Technology Teacher, M. Ed.
> East High School
>
> 840 South 1300 East
> Salt Lake City, Utah 84102
>
> Email: sarah.herron at slcschools.org<mailto:sarah.herron at slcschools.org>
>
> Phone:    801-583-1661 x2202
> Fax:         801-584-2927
>

> "I really didn't realize the librarians were, you know, such a dangerous
group. They are subversive. You think they're just sitting there at the
desk, all quiet and everything. They're like plotting the revolution,
man.