[Library Media] Resources to support youth in the post-election climate

Joseph Nielsen Joseph.Nielsen at slcschools.org
Thu Nov 17 14:37:52 MST 2016

I think one key is to recognize the volatile potential of some topics, and to refrain from using them - even if they are so ripe with examples. Steer clear of religion and politics (Which should never be topics for polite discussion), and instead focus our examples on less sensitive topics such as advertising, or other topics on social media. As our students grow, I think they will be able to make the transfer of the skills we teach into some of the areas where "angels fear to tread".

Joseph R. Nielsen
Library Technology Teacher
Hawthorne Elementary School
Salt Lake City School District