[Library Media] Resources to support youth in the post-election climate

Sarah Herron Sarah.Herron at slcschools.org
Wed Nov 16 14:36:51 MST 2016

Libraries can play a key role in supporting youth who are fearful or anxious, or who have been bullied, threatened, or assaulted following the election last week.  In order to help library staff in this effort, YALSA has compiled a list of free resources libraries can leverage to address concerns that youth and their families are having.  These resources can be accessed here: http://wikis.ala.org/yalsa/index.php/Supporting_Youth_in_the_Post-2016_Election_Climate
Please use them and share them widely, and thank you for all you do to support young people!

Sarah G. Herron
President, Utah Educational Library Media Association
Library Technology Teacher, M. Ed.
East High School
840 South 1300 East
Salt Lake City, Utah 84102

Email: sarah.herron at slcschools.org<mailto:sarah.herron at slcschools.org%3cmailto:sarah.herron at slcschools.org>
Phone: 801-583-1661
Fax: 801-584-2927

"Librarians are the coolest people out there, doing the hardest job out there on the frontlines. And every time I get to encounter or work with librarians, I'm always impressed by their sheer awesomeness."   - Neil Gaiman

Scanned By Microsoft EOP