[Library Media] HeLIOS

Fawn BMorgan fawnbmorgan at gmail.com
Thu Oct 27 16:46:32 MDT 2016

Colleagues

I was involved for several years on an online collaborative project
teaching library-research skills. It was named HeLIOS
<http://helios.weber.edu/> and initiated by Stewart Librarians at Weber
State University. I used the teaching slide shows all the time at Layton
High and in presenting research skills to students. I assigned the online
tutorials to my own library TAs and recommended them to teachers as a way
for students to refresh and upgrade their skills.

The first version has been updated several times over the years to include
the tutorials, downloadable slideshows, a graphic format and audio
narration. The original team has since left the university and the latest
manager was, sadly, killed in an accident recently.

While the tutorials, graphic novels, and audio narration are available,
still, at http://helios.weber,edu, the ppt. slide show has gone off line. I
contacted one of the creators, JaNae Kinikin, who had been one of the
librarians at WSU. She feels that if someone in Utah was willing to keep
the slide shows up to date and available through the Internet, the files
could probably be transferred. Contact Kathy Payne
http://faculty.weber.edu/klpayne/

It would be such a shame to lose this valuable resource.

Fawn Morgan