[Library Media] Come to the ESSA Worksop - Oct. 12th, 12:30-3:30, at the USBE!

Sarah Herron Sarah.Herron at slcschools.org
Thu Sep 29 17:38:27 MDT 2016

Hello! Come join UELMA and AASL for a workshop on The Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA) at the Utah State Board of Education office from 12:30-3:30 pm on October 12th!

ESSA specifically mentions the importance of school libraries. You will learn the details of ESSA, how the Act can make a difference for libraries, and will create an elevator speech to advocate for school libraries. Please see the attached flyer for more information.

If you are interested in attending, please contact me via e-mail (sarah.herron at slcschools.org<mailto:sarah.herron at slcschools.org>) by October 7th. We hope to see you there!

Sincerely,

Sarah Herron

Sarah G. Herron
President, Utah Educational Library Media Association
Library Technology Teacher, M. Ed.
East High School

840 South 1300 East
Salt Lake City, Utah 84102

Email: sarah.herron at slcschools.org<mailto:sarah.herron at slcschools.org>

Phone:    801-583-1661 x2202
Fax:         801-584-2927

"I really didn't realize the librarians were, you know, such a dangerous group. They are subversive. You think they're just sitting there at the desk, all quiet and everything. They're like plotting the revolution, man. I wouldn't mess with them."
Michael Moore
Scanned By Microsoft EOP