[Library Media] barcode scanners

Kathy Ballard kathy.ballard at monticelloacademy.net
Tue Aug 16 10:58:39 MDT 2016

I have two scanners from Follett that are now eleven years old. From time
to time one of my scanners will act up and I will unplug it and then plug
it back in and that seems to help. One of them has had a problem reading or
entering the check digit at the end of the barcode but resetting it has
helped that as well. I don't remember which price level we purchased in
2006 but probably the more expensive one.

Kathy Ballard
Librarian
Monticello Academy

On Tue, Aug 16, 2016 at 8:34 AM, Heather Tomlinson <htomlinson at malions.org>
wrote:

> Hello, fellow librarians!
> I have been using the barcode scanner that Follett sent when we started
> using Destiny, but it is beginning to act up a bit.  I know nothing about
> scanners - any advice on ordering anew one?  There is such a big price
> difference, with very few in the mid price range, that I'm hesitant to
> order one.  Do I get the $250 dollar one, or will the $70 one be fine?  Any
> specifications I should be looking for?
> A scanner is a scanner, right?
> Thanks!
>

> *Heather Tomlinson*