[Library Media] Good Cheer

Fawn BMorgan fawnbmorgan at gmail.com
Fri May 20 09:06:47 MDT 2016

I attended a retirement open house for my friend and colleague, Brian
Ferguson, yesterday. Coincidentally, I discovered the following posting on
an ALA site. I am re-posting it with a dedication to all the stalwarts to
the profession who are retiring - I prefer the term *redirecting* course -
this year. Take a brief break and be rejuvenated by these letters:

http://www.lettersofnote.com/2011/05/library-is-many-things.html

On another note - While I don't agree that ebooks totally miss the mark, I
found an article from *The Guardian* cheering in that it supports a
librarian's gut reaction that "Only the technodazzled thought they would go
away." I, like you I assume, prefer to be techno savvy and not
technodazzled. The stats were fascinating.
http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/may/13/books-ebook-publishers-paper

Happy Summer,

Fawn Morgan