[Library Media] Weeding Woes

Selena Campbell secampbell at dsdmail.net
Thu May 5 09:28:07 MDT 2016

I came across this article about weeding in the most recent American Libraries magazine.

We've posted this article on the UELMA FB site as well.

Hope it will provide some insight.  It's a great follow up to the "Wacked Out on Weeding" breakout session by Sarah Herron, Dawn Ann Bullough and Tiffany Hall at our most recent UELMA conference in March.

http://bit.ly/1Zi73Rm

[https://americanlibrariesmagazine.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/0516editions.jpg]<http://bit.ly/1Zi73Rm>

Weeding without Worry | American Libraries Magazine<http://bit.ly/1Zi73Rm>
bit.ly
Library weeding gets a bad reputation, thanks in part to weeding horror stories. Transparency and communication can help ease weeding woes.

Selena Campbell M.Ed.
Teacher Librarian ~ Northridge High School
                "Literacy for Life"
(801) 402-8588   secampbell at dsdmail.net
Facebook: NHS Media Knight Library<https://www.facebook.com/pages/Northridge-Media-Knight-Library/209830575824715>
Twitter: @Librarypalooza<https://twitter.com/>
Instagram:#mediaknights
Webpage http://www.davis.k12.ut.us/Page/5035
<http://www.davis.k12.ut.us/Page/5035>
Currently Reading<https://www.goodreads.com/user/email_signature_destination/7723237?utm_medium=reading_link&utm_source=email_signature>
[Book Cover]<https://www.goodreads.com/user/email_signature_destination/7723237?utm_medium=cover&utm_source=email_signature>
[Goodreads Logo] <https://www.goodreads.com/?utm_medium=gr_logo&utm_source=email_signature> Get your own email signature<https://www.goodreads.com/user/email_signature_instructions?utm_medium=gyo_link&utm_source=email_signature>

<https://www.facebook.com/pages/Northridge-Media-Knight-Library/209830575824715>