[Library Media] AASL National Conference is coming to SLC in 2021! Please write in support.

Sarah Herron Sarah.Herron at slcschools.org
Mon May 2 21:14:55 MDT 2016

Hello!

We are excited to announce that the American Association of School Libraries is holding the AASL National Conference in Salt Lake City, October 18-24, 2021. The location of the Conference, which is held every 2 years, rotates around regions in the United States and brings in approximately 3,500 attendees. According to AASL, Salt Lake City was chosen for its accessibility, places of interest, meeting and exhibit facilities and exciting activities available to registrants.

The 2016-2017 UELMA Board has sent a letter to the AASL stating our support for the National Conference in Salt Lake City and enumerating the benefits to not only for Utah librarians but also for the library professionals throughout the Intermountain West. We believe that having the conference will increase membership and exposure for UELMA and AASL and look forward to the professional development opportunities that the National Conference will provide.

AASL would like to hear support from our Utah library professionals for their choice of our state. We would appreciate you thanking AASL for choosing Salt Lake City and welcoming them to Utah. Please send an e-mail to Melissa Jacobsen, mjacobsen at ala.org<mailto:mjacobsen at ala.org>, by May 15, 2016. If you would prefer to submit a letter by regular mail, the address is: AASL, Attn: Melissa Jacobsen, 50 E. Huron St, Chicago, IL 60611; the due date for regular mail is May 13, 2016.

Please contact me if you have any questions. Thank you for your support.

Sincerely,

Sarah G. Herron
President, Utah Educational Library Media Association
Library Technology Teacher, M. Ed.
East High School

840 South 1300 East
Salt Lake City, Utah 84102

Email: sarah.herron at slcschools.org<mailto:sarah.herron at slcschools.org>

Phone:    801-583-1661 x2202
Fax:         801-584-2927

"I really didn't realize the librarians were, you know, such a dangerous group. They are subversive. You think they're just sitting there at the desk, all quiet and everything. They're like plotting the revolution, man. I wouldn't mess with them."
Michael Moore
Scanned By Microsoft EOP