[Library Media] [C-Forum] Juneteenth Freedom Day Resources

Ray Timothy rtimothy at uen.org
Wed Apr 20 15:15:11 MDT 2016

Nice work Karen, Margo. Great information for our educators to use.
Ray

Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 20, 2016, at 1:39 PM, Karen Krier <karen at uen.org<mailto:karen at uen.org>> wrote:

H.B. 338 Juneteenth Holiday Observance<http://le.utah.gov/~2016/bills/static/HB0338.html> was passed during the 2016 Utah legislative session.  If you did not know, Juneteenth is the oldest known celebration commemorating the ending of slavery in the United States and H.B. 338 states that Juneteenth Freedom Day shall be commemorated annually in Utah on the third Saturday in June.  (June 18, 2016)

In support of this bill, the Utah Education Network developed a Juneteenth Freedom Day webpage<http://www.uen.org/juneteenth/>.

www.uen.org/juneteenth<http://www.uen.org/juneteenth/>

You can find a link to this page on our handy dandy Resources for K-12 Education page: http://www.uen.org/k12educator/uenresources.php

The one-stop-shop for UEN's hundreds of education resources - organized by subjects and searchable by keyword.

Please let me know if you have questions or suggestions!

-- Karen

P.S. Thanks to our good friend Margo Shirley for gathering and organizing these web resources.