[Library Media] Take Action for Libraries

Michelle Miles michelle.miles at jordandistrict.org
Tue Dec 1 08:03:10 MST 2015

Here is a link to ALA (see below).  They are making it so easy to contact
your representative, asking them to support ESEA and school libraries.  You
don't even have to write your own message, just put in your information and
they generate an email letter and send it to your representative.  If you
haven't done this already, please do it.  We talk all the time about how
valuable school libraries and librarians are.  Here is a chance to do
something that will make a difference.  I have heard that only 20% of UELMA
members have participated in this, and yet I know that you all love and
support school libraries.  Please do this today, if you can.  I know you
are busy, but this seriously only takes 1 to 2 minutes to do.

ALA link -- http://cqrcengage.com/ala/home

At the top of the page, it says "Fight for School Libraries"  and then has
a red button (it rotates between "make a call," "send a tweet," and "send
an email") -- Click on whichever one you'd like to do and then fill in your
info.  ALA does the rest.

Thanks

Michelle Miles
UELMA President