[Library Media] eMedia Updates

Katie Garrett katie at uen.org
Mon Nov 30 10:59:42 MST 2015

Hi everyone,

I hope you had a great holiday weekend! We’ve been working on some updates to eMedia both in content and software. Here’s a few highlights:

  *   NEW media from PBS – UEN has licensed over 150 new titles that are now available in eMedia. (There will be a few more trickling in this week.) A few highlights include: Makers, Shakespeare Uncovered as well as several Frontline and NOVA episodes.  I’ve attached a list of the titles to this email. You can find these new videos by logging into eMedia and checking out the “New in eMedia” section.
  *   NEW Canvas LTI – This provides a better integration between eMedia and Canvas. Teachers will be able to easily add content from eMedia to their online course. Please have your Canvas administrator contact me (katie at uen.org) to add this to your instance of Canvas.
  *   System updates –  We’ve forced all the pages to use SSL which will allow the eMedia pages to be displayed within Canvas. eMedia will now also suggest searches as you type (similar to Google) and hitting return or enter will perform the search.
  *   Upload your own media – This isn’t too new, but a reminder that you can now upload and share your own digital media in eMedia. Just make sure you’re logged in through your my.uen account to access this feature.

Katie Garrett
Utah Education Network
801-585-3286 | @katielgarrett