[Library Media] Showing Movies

Jim Moon jmoon at alpinedistrict.org
Thu Oct 8 12:06:36 MDT 2015

Movie Licensing USA is a great company, but keep in mind that it does not
cover all movie companies.  20th Century Fox is not covered, so no Star
Wars.  I can't remember what the other two are, but if you contact them
they can tell you.  Good luck.

On Thu, Oct 8, 2015 at 10:43 AM, Chris Haught <chrish at sedc.k12.ut.us> wrote:

> Wow! The power of librarians is strong! Thanks so much for all the quick
> and informative replies and calls, this is truly a great group!
>
> On Thu, Oct 8, 2015 at 8:27 AM, Chris Haught <chrish at sedc.k12.ut.us>
> wrote:
>
>> Hello all,
>> I had a librarian asking about getting the rights to show a movie for a
>> fundraiser/assembly. I know in the past there were ways to contact people
>> to get approval by paying a license fee.
>> Any suggestions?
>> Thanks
>> --
>> Chris Haught
>> SEDC  <http://www.sedc.k12.ut.us/>  SEDC Media <http://www.sedcchris.com>
>> Office-435-586-2865
>> Fax-435-586-2868
>> Cell-435-592-0699
>>
>> "The Internet is like a mountain of knowledge. Anyone can start climbing
>> it. It’s so much easier if you have a guide. Librarians are the mountain
>> guides. They know some of the best routes to the top.
>> Source <http://portal.bigchalk.com/media/cat/LibFundGuide.pdf>
>>

>> Click here to learn more!
>> <http://www.sedc.k12.ut.us/index.php/media-resources/estride/227-using-overdrive>
>>

> --
> Chris Haught
> SEDC  <http://www.sedc.k12.ut.us/>  SEDC Media <http://www.sedcchris.com>
> Office-435-586-2865
> Fax-435-586-2868
> Cell-435-592-0699
>
> "The Internet is like a mountain of knowledge. Anyone can start climbing
> it. It’s so much easier if you have a guide. Librarians are the mountain
> guides. They know some of the best routes to the top.
> Source <http://portal.bigchalk.com/media/cat/LibFundGuide.pdf>
>

> Click here to learn more!
> <http://www.sedc.k12.ut.us/index.php/media-resources/estride/227-using-overdrive>

Jim Moon
Director of Instructional Media
Alpine School District
759 East Pacific Drive
American Fork, UT 84003
Office #: (801) 610-8051

*As author Neil Gaiman said,* “Google can bring you back 100,000 answers. A
librarian can bring you back the right one.”