[Library Media] Showing Movies

Paula Cloward paulacloward at alpinedistrict.org
Thu Oct 8 08:43:22 MDT 2015

We get a Public Performance Site License from Movie Licensing USA. It makes
it legal to show movies from certain studios. The site license has a yearly
renewal and covers the school any time of day or night. Look it up and get
the full disclosure on it. As far as the fundraising goes, not sure how
that would be handled? This site license doesn't allow for admission
charges except to cover costs.  Best of luck!
Paula Cloward

On Thu, Oct 8, 2015 at 8:27 AM, Chris Haught <chrish at sedc.k12.ut.us> wrote:

> Hello all,
> I had a librarian asking about getting the rights to show a movie for a
> fundraiser/assembly. I know in the past there were ways to contact people
> to get approval by paying a license fee.
> Any suggestions?
> Thanks
> --
> Chris Haught
> SEDC  <http://www.sedc.k12.ut.us/>  SEDC Media <http://www.sedcchris.com>
> Office-435-586-2865
> Fax-435-586-2868
> Cell-435-592-0699
>
> "The Internet is like a mountain of knowledge. Anyone can start climbing
> it. It’s so much easier if you have a guide. Librarians are the mountain
> guides. They know some of the best routes to the top.
> Source <http://portal.bigchalk.com/media/cat/LibFundGuide.pdf>
>

> Click here to learn more!
> <http://www.sedc.k12.ut.us/index.php/media-resources/estride/227-using-overdrive>

*Paula Cloward*