[Library Media] UELMA is seeking applicants for the position of Executive Director
michelle.miles at jordandistrict.org
Tue Jun 2 09:13:36 MDT 2015
UELMA is seeking applicants for the position of Executive Director
The Utah Educational Library Media Association is seeking an Executive
Director to manage the affairs of the association, including conferences,
workshops. Cover letters, resumes and a list of three references can be
sent to UELMA President Michelle Miles at michelle.miles at jordandistrict.org.
Applications should be submitted by June 26, 2015.
The UELMA Executive Director reports to the UELMA Board of Directors. The
Executive Director is responsible for the business affairs of the
organization and the timely initiation and completion of organizational
activities including, but not limited to, planning of a fall workshop and a
spring State wide conference, publishing a quarterly newsletter,
maintaining the UELMA web site, and maintaining the association's
membership records. The Executive Director collaborates with the Board,
state agencies and other organizations to formulate, organize and execute
strategies for the promotion, continuing education and advocacy of school
librarians and library aides in Utah.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. The Executive Director shall keep a register of all members of the
association, and shall be responsible for mailing
membership notices prior to the conference to each UELMA member or
potential UELMA member.
2. The Executive Director shall be responsible for official communications.
3. The Executive Director shall be responsible for notifying all
administrators and school library media personnel concerning
the annual UELMA Conference.
4. The Executive Director shall be responsible for registrations at all
5. The Executive Director shall be directly involved in the everyday
operations of UELMA. Including the maintenance of all association business
and organizational records.
6. The Executive Director shall be a member of the Finance Committee.
7. The Executive Director shall receive, bank, disburse, account for, and
report all funds of the organization at each board
8. The Executive Director shall prepare an annual report to be presented to
and approved by the board.
9. The Executive Director shall prepare and file all federal and state tax
10. The Executive Director serves ex-officio as a non voting member of the
UELMA Board of Directors.
11. The Executive Director shall serve as Parliamentarian.
12. The Executive Director prepares an annual budget for Board Approval and
controls expenditures to that budget.
13. The Executive Director updates and maintains manuals, policy documents,
officer directories and similar documents in accordance with the UELMA
Constitution and distributes them to all incoming and sitting Board members.
14. The Executive Director maintains an electronic Board member reference
book, distributes the book to incoming Board members and conducts
individual incoming Board member orientations.
15. The Executive Director consults with the President, Executive Committee
and Board of Directors to ensure all association activities are in
accordance with the UELMA Constitution and in compliance with all state and
federal laws and regulations.
16. The Executive Director will represent the President and UELMA to and
with outside groups as assigned.
17. The Executive Director will perform other duties and assist in other
projects as assigned by the Board of Directors.
• Knowledge of basic business practices including accounting and tax
• Demonstrated commitment to school libraries and to advocacy on their
• Degree in education, library science, business, public relations,
communication or other related field.
• Evidence of experience in marketing, promotions and advocacy
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a collaborative and collegial
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
The annual contract value is $6,000.00 with an estimated commitment of 20%
full time equivalency.
Questions regarding this position may be directed to
michelle.miles at jordandistrict.org
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the library-media