[Library Media] MAGAZINE VENDORS

Audrey Haight audrey.haight at jordandistrict.org
Mon May 18 19:39:52 MDT 2015

For many years, I've wanted and looked for a more user-friendly magazine
subscription company whose ordering website would allow me to place my
selected titles into a shopping cart list rather than my having to type out
by hand all of the titles that I want and then submitting my list to the
company for price quotes. *I have finally found a subscription website
which makes ordering sooo much easier!* The vendor is Rivistas Subscription
Services http://www.rivistas.com/ And the process is very quick:

1) In the top right corner of the homepage in tiny, gray letters; it says
"Create Account." Click on that button and provide your school's
information. Plus, it will have you create a username and password for your
account.

2) When you're logged into the website, click on the heading at the top of
the page which says "QUOTES Active & Archived."

3) On the left side of the webpage, click on "Start a New Quote."

4) On the right side of the page, click on the "Add Title" button and a
"Search" box appears on the top left side of the screen in which magazine
titles can be typed to create a shopping cart list, *OR* we can select
magazine titles from the alphabetized list which is provided.

5) After I had my Quote List put together, I emailed a Rivistas company rep
named Tony Howell tony at rivistas.com and told him my list's "Quote I.D.
Number" and explained that it was now ready for him to turn into a "Service
Proposal" so that I could print the Service Proposal and attach it to my
JSD Requisition in preparation for my P.O.

I've always dreaded the task of renewing magazine subscriptions, because of
the extra work it has created to change my list of titles. This year,
making my changes was refreshingly easy! Finally! A subscription service
company which provides us with a user-friendly website! Audrey