[Library Media] Weeding Books

Voni Roat voni.roat at ccsdut.org
Fri May 15 13:28:27 MDT 2015

I have also used the old books -- that are bound very well (but boring
awful books or out of date, etc) to make a "diary."  Book Club or Craft
Club kids choose one of the books that may have some interest to them (ie
they like the subject or pictures) and we spray paint the outside black,
then later cover (glue) it with sticks, beads, rocks or ???... Let them
design their own... swirl yarn on it? fabric?

Inside glue pages you have written on or typed upon-- diary info. Also glue
in memories-- ie  tickets to movies, a feather you found????? whatever. You
can cut out (hollow out) a section large enough to glue in something 3D.
It can turn into quite a treasure. The pictures they like can still show,
but cover up most of the text that is not of interest to them.   ---you get
the idea...

Voni Rivas Roat, Library Media Teacher
South Cache 8-9 Center
10 South 480 West
Hyrum, UT 94319
(435) 245-6433  ext 1127
voni.roat at ccsdut.org

[image: 10475675_10153099386732785_7779736030696092601_n]

Let me help you find a great book to read!

Amazing what a difference 10 years & "10" pounds makes...  :-)