[Library Media] Kings English Bookstore for May!

Cindy Mitchell cindy.mitchell at jordandistrict.org
Fri May 1 13:41:35 MDT 2015

King's English Book store in May:

*Tuesday, May 5, 7 p.m.* *New York Times* bestselling author Maggie
Stiefvater and Jackson Pearce will read from and sign their new middle
grade novel, *Pip Bartlett's Guide to Magical Creatures. *Pip is spending
the summer with her Aunt Emma at the Cloverton Clinic for Magical
Creatures, where at first it's all fun, games, and chatting with
Hobgrackles. But when Fuzzles appear and start bursting into flame at the
worst possible places, Pip and her new friend Tomas must take action.

*Saturday, May 9, 11 a.m.* Storytime will feature an appearance by
Babymouse from the transitional reader series, *Babymouse*. Bring your
camera for fun photos of Babymouse and the kids!

  *Saturday, May 9, 2 p.m.* Local young adult author Bree Despain will read
from and sign *The Eternity Key*, the next book in the *Into the Dark*
series. Haden
Lord, the disgraced Prince of the Underrealm, has chosen love over honor
and will do everything in his power to protect the human girl he was
supposed to bring to the Underrealm.

*Saturday, May 9, 4 p.m.* Chantele Sedgwick will read from and sign her new
young adult novel, *Love, Lucas*.

When Oakley Nelson loses her older brother to cancer, she thinks she'll
never recover. But when Mom suggests they spend a few months in California
with Aunt Jo, Oakley isn't sure that a change of scenery will alter
anything, but she's willing to give it a try.

*Tuesday, May 12, 7 p.m.* *New York Times* bestsellling author Michael
Buckley will read from and sign his new young adult novel, *Undertow.
*Sixteen-year-old
Lyric Walker's life is forever changed when she witnesses the arrival of
30,000 Alpha, a race of ocean-dwelling warriors, on the beach at Coney
Island. First, we feared them. Then we fought them. Now they might be our
only hope.

*Saturday, May 16, 2 p.m.* Local author Lindsay Eyre will read from and
sign her new transitional reader, *The Best Friend Battle.* Sylvie Scruggs
doesn't like Georgie Diaz. He always calls her Scruggs. He always beats her
in baseball. He didn't invite her to his party. Plus, he's a boy. Now
Georgie is trying to steal Sylvie's best friend, Miranda. What is Sylvie
going to do?

*Saturday, May 16, 4 p.m.* Debut author Krista Van Dolzer will read from
and sign her young adult book, *The Sound of Life and Everything*.
Twelve-year-old
Ella Mae Higbee is a sensible girl so when her auntie Mildred starts
spouting nonsense about a scientist who can bring her cousin back to life
from blood on his dog tags, Ella Mae is skeptical-until he steps out of a
bio-pod right before her eyes.

*Thursday, May 21, 7 p.m. Great Reads from Random House.* Our reps will
present new titles for the fall and dozens of great book club titles and we
will offer 20% off all books tonight.

*Saturday, May 23, 3 p.m.* Local author Heidi Doxey will read from and sign
her new young adult novel, *Liam Darcy, I Loathe You. S*everal high school
girls have been given an English assignment to keep journal entries, based
on Jane Austen's favorite stories, about their lives throughout a school
year, a plot that promises comedy, drama, and cute boys.

*Tuesday, May 26, 6:30 p.m.* Author and illustrator Carson Ellis
will demonstrate her drawing style and then sign her debut picture book,
*Home*. Home might be a house in the country, an apartment in the city, or
even a shoe. Home may be on the road or the sea, in the realm of myth, or
in the artist's own studio.
  --
Cindy Mitchell
South Jordan Middle School