[Library Media] Opportunity for Elementary Librarians

Throndsen, Jennifer Jennifer.Throndsen at schools.utah.gov
Mon Apr 13 18:16:18 MDT 2015

I received this notice of a professional learning opportunity targeted towards elementary librarians.  It may be of interest to you.  The flyer is attached.

This workshop is aimed to help elementary librarians get quick, concrete ideas that will help kids in the elementary libraries.  We know that elementary librarians see large numbers of students each and every day.  This workshop will provide librarians with lesson plans, literacy strategies, book talks, text sets, and many other teaching ideas.  Breakfast, lunch and a snack will be provided.  We are incredibly excited that Scott Savage will do a book reading and book signings at lunch.

Jennifer Throndsen
Literacy Coordinator
Utah State Office of Education