[Library Media] Fwd: ALA-FIL Pass is now available on line

Juan Lee jtlee at utah.gov
Thu Mar 19 14:16:32 MDT 2015

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, Mar 19, 2015 at 9:32 AM
Subject: ALA-FIL Pass is now available on line

  March 19, 2015

Dear ALA-member librarian:

Herewith please find the ALA FIL Free Pass application link to attend the
Guadalajara International Book Fair (FIL). As you know, the FIL offers
three nights support but only if you apply well ahead of time and we still
have rooms available. I would urge you to apply now. In addition, ALA will
contribute $100 each toward the cost of your airfare and we will match that
amount for the first 100 librarians to apply and be accepted.
http://www.fil.com.mx/ingles/i_prof/i_ala.asp

FIL 2015 is shaping up to be our *best fair ever*, as we celebrate our 29th
edition. We wanted you to know that the FIL will have large publisher
collectives from Central America, the Andean region and the Southern Cone
for this year’s book fair. We believe that you will have an extremely large
display of material to choose from, much more so than in previous years.

We are expecting over 140 U.S. collection development librarians to
register as well as 18,000 plus professionals from all of Latin America and
twenty countries in Europe, Asia and Africa. As usual, we will have our *Gala
Dinner for Librarians*. We suggest that you spend the nights of November
29-December 1 in Guadalajara, to take advantage of the professional days
and, of course, the Sunday Gala Dinner.

Why not apply today? Once accepted you can begin looking for reasonable
airfare to Guadalajara.

Saludos cordiales, y esperamos verlos pronto.

David Unger
International Representative
Guadalajara Intl. Book Fair
Div. of Hum. NAC 5225