[Library Media] ACT Prep

Bill Goodrich bgoodrich at dcsd.org
Wed Mar 11 11:21:47 MDT 2015

We are planning to use Shmoop and we know about the Learning Center but we
are hoping for something in addition to these resources.  Anything online
is prohibitive because we don't have sufficient technology for
implementation.  We are going to have to do some type of rotation to get
the kids into Shmoop.  In addition we feel that we need to have some
element of paper-based practice since that is the testing format and the
curriculum to be teacher directed.  Our observation is that the online
systems are intended to bring students up who are motivated to say raise
their score from a 22 to a 26, not bring lower level students up to
benchmark.

We are also interested in class structure/format and an instructional map.
Is math, science and English curriculum addressed in the course or only in
core classes?  Thanks for your ideas.  Keep them coming!

-Bill