[Library Media] Please check World Book Kids

Karen Krier karen at uen.org
Wed Feb 25 11:38:02 MST 2015

Hello colleagues,

An educator in Morgan School District contacted UEN because the new World Book Kids won’t load for her.  When she clicks on the button she sees a "cute little snail wearing rockets”, but the resource never loads - even after 5 minutes.

I see the snail for about 1/2 second and then I get to the landing page.  It is a little slower (2 seconds) on my iPad with wireless, but I realize my Internet connection is probably faster than some of the school’s connections.

I asked the educator a bunch of questions (operating system, browser, does it work on other school computers, type of internet connection, etc…) but haven’t heard back from her yet.  So in the meantime, if you have 5 seconds please see if it loads for you.  If it doesn’t - let me know and be sure to include all of the necessary details.

1) http://pioneer.uen.org/

2) Use the "World Book Encyclopedia” button in the first column

3) Use the first button that has a balloon and the word Kids beneath it.

Thank you in advance and again, you only need to contact me if you are having problems too.

Thank you.

-- Karen

Karen Krier
Utah Education Network
Associate Director - Instructional Services
www.uen.org<http://www.uen.org>