[Library Media] One of ours?

Fawn Morgan fawnbmorgan at gmail.com
Fri Jan 2 14:09:59 MST 2015

own that I am sending on to you all (hope he doesn't mind).
Congratulations, Nancy!

"I am a teacher from Spectrum Academy where we do have a wonderful
librarian that teaches many academic skills to our students.  The students
love her so much that anything she has to say sets deeply with them.  Her
opinion over rides mine because students look up to her so much.  Her name
is Nancy Roundtree.  May I compliment all those librarians who work so hard
for students."

This teacher goes on to second Rebecca's opinion about the need to teach
cursive and compliments Rebecca on speaking out.

"Also I would love to share my opinion about teaching cursive.  Handwriting
is often a challenge for students with a variety ability and disability.
Teaching cursive opens a new page for students to learn to communicate in
writing.  Students who could not write legibly before can write beautifully
in cursive.  It is an amazing art that gives students new confidence in
themselves.   Students do need to read and write cursive as a life skill as
an adult. In spite the fabulous technology we all have at our finger tips
there are many times that we need to fill out forms, sign our names for
others to read.  I hope that cursive does not disappear.  My congrats to
young Rebecca Peterson for speaking up about something important.

I am sorry that I do not know her and can't give you any information in
contacting her or her wonderful librarian but my compliments to them both.

Sincerely,
Chris Stuart"