[Library Media] Wanted: 2015-2016 Board Member Candidates!

Michelle Miles michelle.miles at jordandistrict.org
Tue Oct 28 09:06:46 MDT 2014

Wanted:  2015-2016 Board Member Candidates!

Every year, the UELMA conference gives us the chance to learn from our
colleagues and from professional authors.  It is a great opportunity to
share ideas, network, and grow professionally.  The conference doesn't just
magically happen; however.  Many librarians around the state (both past and
present) have given their time and talents to serve on the board.  This
could be you!  We need capable, enthusiastic, library lovers to step up and
be a candidate for the 2015-2016 board.  This is a great opportunity to get
involved, advocate for libraries, and serve your fellow librarians.  Have
you taken a turn yet to share your talents, and help support libraries all
over the state?   It is not a huge time commitment (4 or 5 meetings a
year), and in return you are truly making a difference and showing how much
you support school librarians.  Please email me at
michelle.miles at jordandistrict.org if you are interested or nominate people
in your school district who you’d think would be great.  It would be
awesome to have representation from all the major school districts.  If
your district is not currently represented on the board, then lets get
someone from your area involved.  We could also use volunteers to be on
subcommittees or to just help out at the conference in various ways
(introduce presenters, etc).  If you don’t have the time to be a board
member, but would still like to get involved, let us know.