[Library Media] WIN a Amazon Kindle Fire HD Tablet: Fill out Digital Inclusion Survey

Kristen Stehel kstehel at utah.gov
Mon Oct 6 10:48:32 MDT 2014

All libraries can participate.

Take survey now: http://digitalinclusion.umd.edu/

*Other incentives for filling out survey*:

Participating in the 2014 Digital Inclusion Survey can help your library in
three ways:

1. Locally. With our interactive mapping tool (
http://digitalinclusion.umd.edu/content/interactive-map), we show your
library in the context of its community by integrating data you provide
through the survey and community level data - demographics, health &
wellness, economic, and education. Through this tool you can both determine
your community's needs and show the extent to which your library offers
inclusive services. The mapping tool also enables you to print infographics
for use with decision makers in your community.

2. State. Through the survey, we also offer a range of state-level data for
state advocacy purposes during the legislative sessions and throughout the
year. For those states with a high enough response rate we create summary
data, handouts, and other materials that promote the importance of
libraries in a digital age. We have state pages (
http://digitalinclusion.umd.edu/state-details) set up for each state with a
range of materials and a state-level interactive map.

3. National. Our survey enables national data that policymakers, ALA, and
others use for national advocacy efforts such as E-rate, Library Services &
Technology Act funding, and the Workforce Investment Act - which feature
public libraries prominently. ALA makes extensive use of the data on behalf
of libraries, and we also have created issue briefs in the areas of
Broadband, Community Access, Digital Inclusion, Digital Literacy,
Employment, and E-government that librarians can use for advocacy and other
purposes to better articulate the role of libraries in building digitally
inclusive communities.

Kristen Stehel
State Data Coordinator | Library Consultant
Utah State Library Division | Department of Heritage and Arts
250 N 1950 W, Suite A
Salt Lake City, UT 84116-7901
(801) 715-6753 ( phone)
(801) 715-6767  (fax)
1-800-662-9150 (in-Utah-WATS)

State agencies' hours of operation are Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00
p.m.