[Library Media] Chess

Fawn Morgan fawnbmorgan at gmail.com
Thu Sep 18 07:48:51 MDT 2014

Several of you, my friends, had asked me about buying for your libraries a
similar chess set to the one in the Layton High Library.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Layton-High-Library/138870706148072?ref=bookmarks

At the time all I could tell you was that it had been purchased by a
previous chess club out of Scotland and reportedly cost A LOT. Check this
out now, though: you can make one out of paper mache! The board could be
made by purchasing individual game court tiles. One of you will likely be
able to come up with a cheaper game board idea, I have confidence. Let us
all know how you do it because I think I'm going to make one for my
basement playroom.

http://offbeatbride.com/2012/08/papier-mache-montage

http://www.playmakercourts.com/patio-pizzazz.htm

Now, go make a HUGE chess set!