[Library Media] Library Standards Review

Throndsen, Jennifer Jennifer.Throndsen at schools.utah.gov
Sun Sep 14 19:02:40 MDT 2014

Friends of Library Media,

This year we are charged with revising the Elementary Library Media Standards.  In order to accomplish this, I would like to create a working committee to review and revise the current library media standards for elementary.  If you are interested, please fill out the attached application and submit it to me via email by September 26th.   Also, if you know someone in your district or school who may be interested, please forward this email to them.  We are specifically looking for teacher-librarians.

If you are selected for the committee, there will be at least 2 full day meetings scheduled during the course of the school year where we will come together to work on the revisions that the committee suggests.  Subs, Mileage and meals will be provided.   The legislature has created a specific review process that we will follow as part of our work.

If you have any questions, please feel free to email me.
Thanks,

Jennifer Throndsen
Literacy Coordinator, Teaching and Learning
Utah State Office of Education