[Library Media] Free webinar: Finding a formula for independent reading

Sharon Deeds sdeeds at utah.gov
Mon Sep 8 15:49:39 MDT 2014

>From SLJ:

As educators, we recognize that independent reading is a key ingredient to
any well-rounded and successful literacy program. But we have yet to fully
understand why some programs work and others don’t. In this informational
webinar, we’ll explore the latest research and philosophies behind
independent reading to unlock some of the mysteries around student
engagement and motivation — including things K–12 schools can do to
redefine independent results—and you’ll get practical ideas for building an
affordable, engaging, and effective independent reading program in your
school.

http://www.slj.com/2014/09/webcasts/finding-a-formula-for-independent-reading/

--
Sharon Deeds, Youth Services Coordinator/Consultant
Utah State Library Division