[Library Media] Pioneer Library Update

Laura Hunter lhunter at uen.org
Mon Sep 8 11:15:30 MDT 2014

Colleagues, as you may know, the Pioneer Library committee has been conducting an extensive RFP over the summer and it's now concluded. We appreciate the many professional reviewers who lent their time and expertise to help review and score the products under consideration. I've prepared an update (attached) highlighting some of the upcoming changes to Pioneer Library.

Beginning in October you'll see the following changes to the collection:

*         Continuing Products: EBSCO, eMedia, Digital Science Online, Learning Express Library, Noodle Tools, CultureGrams, Soundzabound, World Book Encyclopedia

*         New Products: Gale-Cengage Learning K-12 Collection

*         Retiring Products: SIRS Issues Researcher and SIRS Discoverer (schools/districts may elect to purchase this using their own funds through the RFP, contact resources at uen.org<mailto:resources at uen.org>  if this is of interest)

Also this Fall:

*         UEN is launching a full Spanish Language Preschool Pioneer site

*         The UIMC consortium licensed multiple videos that have been added to eMedia (list attached).

*         All of the Pioneer providers will be hosting webinars this fall - we'll be sending the details as they are finalized with the vendors.

UEN offers two online and on in-person class on Pioneer Library. You can also request a Pioneer Library presentation at your school or district site. Details are on the attached.

Thanks again to the reviewers who worked so hard over the summer.
Laura