[Library Media] Library Girl

Michelle Melville melvillefamily at msn.com
Fri Dec 20 11:39:25 MST 2013

I ditched Dewey last school year and genre catalog non-fiction using BISAC.  I love that students who are inquiring about a topic can come in and find that section without using a computer or librarian.  We are set up like a book store.
I originally catalogued fiction in genres, but ultimately got rid of it.  Too many cross-overs.  I don't want students who only sci-fi to miss out on a great sci-fi because it was placed in adventure.

I would love to connect with anyone else in the state who has ditched Dewey!

Michelle Melville
HighMark Charter School