[Library Media] Library girl - this guy's perspective

Luanne Olson_media olson at alpinedistrict.org
Fri Dec 20 07:52:41 MST 2013

It is essential that we maintain the focus of our purpose in the library.
We are teaching skills to educate students to be life long learners.  The
skills they learn transfer to life--other libraries and learning
environments.  Elementary and secondary students are learning basic
research and information skills.  They are emerging readers.  Don't confuse
them with "specialty" collection trends.  Assist them to identify and
locate what they need.  A library collection becomes fragmented with
"pull-out" sections.  It is my experience that a well maintained and
organized library collection is the best for students.

Luanne Olson
Director of Instructional Media
Alpine School District
759 East Pacific Drive