[Library Media] Library Girl

Bates, Marianne Marianne.Bates at canyonsdistrict.org
Thu Dec 19 13:31:30 MST 2013

This is the part of Library Girl's article that spoke to me, "The bottom line is, if your principal doesn’t know what you do, it is because no one has showed them. Which begs the question: what are waiting for? I want to stop having conversations in which we lament the ignorance of our administrators because the fact is that no one is going to swoop in and give your principal a primer on everything you do. That is your job. Only you can change their perception. It's time to quit talking about it and just do it."

I firmly believe that what she says is true.  It is only by doing that we change perceptions.   Sometimes it is hard, but it is worth the effort!

Marianne F. Bates
Teacher Librarian, Albion Middle School
marianne.bates at canyonsdistrict.org
Albion Library Wiki<http://albionmiddleschoollibrary.wikispaces.com/>

2755 E. Newcastle Drive
Sandy, UT  84093
801 826 6750

"We read to know we are not alone."    ---C. S. Lewis

Currently reading: The Madness Underneath