[Library Media] Library Girl

Fawn Morgan FMORGAN at dsdmail.net
Thu Dec 19 09:33:58 MST 2013

Library Friends

Yes, we all have Christmas on the mind, but I am surprised that statewide there has only been one response as to the important issues addressed by Library Girl: 1. At what point has a legitimate topic been run into the ground and become counter productive? 2. What is the difference between solid discussion and self-pity?

While this particular discussion may not need to be continued, in general are we well-utilizing the library listserv? It is meant to be a mini-Utah-version of LM_Net, I believe, and, hopefully, one less burdened by high volume. It can be used by any member to ask questions and get help from school librarians throughout the state. It can be used to discuss issues. It can be used to get the word out about events, programs, and resources. You are ALL welcome and encouraged to post, respond and share. Feel fee to promote registration to your non-registered colleagues. And thanks to Paula Zsiray for managing it.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you ALL!

Fawn

Fawn B. Morgan

Teacher Librarian, Lancer Library, Layton High School 801-402-4996 http://tinyurl.com/lancerlibrary      Follow us on Facebook and Twitter

" Literacy is not something added to the plate; it is the plate."  - Meltzer, 2005