[Library Media] Evaluation & eBooks

Fawn Morgan FMORGAN at dsdmail.net
Mon Sep 23 10:12:03 MDT 2013

Colleagues

Two sites of interest involve teaching source evaluation and why eBooks may help dyslexic children.

I only teach research skills as a collaborative effort with the classroom teacher involving authentic research projects, but some of you may have the opportunity to teach a stand-alone lesson.

My granddaughter has a print learning disability and finds that reading a book on a Nook helps her to process better. Years ago our school won a state library grant to purchase software to help students with print disabilities. Now eReaders do the job.

http://teachbytes.com/2012/11/01/test-website-evaluation-with-10-hilarious-hoax-sites/

http://arstechnica.com/science/2013/09/e-readers-prove-easy-on-the-eye-for-some-dyslexics/

Fawn

Fawn B. Morgan, Teacher Librarian, Lancer Library, Layton High School 801-402-4996   http://tinyurl.com/lancerlibrary      Follow us on Facebook

" Libraries are the Petri dish of intellect and the information stored there provides the agar of learning." --Sara Roos, City Watch