[Library Media] Exciting books studied in high school English classes

Emilee McCoy emccoy at paradigmhigh.org
Mon Aug 26 11:35:37 MDT 2013

Joan of Arc-Mark Twain, One Second After-Forstchen, Ella Minnow Pea-Dunn,
The Alchemist-Coelho, Fahrenheit 451-Bradbury, I Capture the Castle, West
with the Night, Whatever happened to Penny Candy-Richard Maybury, Les
Miserables-Hugo, The Walking Drum-Lamour, 'Til we Have Faces-C.S. Lewis,
The Real George Washington-Skousen, A Brief History of Time-Hawking, Uncle
Tom's Cabin, Mama's Bank Account-Forbes.  These are some that are used in
my high school.

Enjoy

On Mon, Aug 19, 2013 at 2:49 PM, Lanell Rabner <lanell.rabner at nebo.edu>wrote:

> Unwind, Thirteen Reasons Why, Hunger Games, The Immortal Life of Henrietta
> Lacks, Unbroken: A World War II Story of Survival, Resilience and
> Redemption, Devil in the White City, In the Garden of the Beasts: Love,
> Terror and an American Family in Hitler's Germany, The Warmth of Other
> Sons: The Epic Story of America's Great Migration, Quiet: The Power of
> Introverts in a World that Can't Stop Talking, Behind the Beautiful
> Forevers: Life, Death, and Hope in a Mumbai Undercity, The Talent Code:
> Unlocking the Secret of Skill in Sports, Art, Music, Math, and Just About
> Anything, The Social Animal: The Hidden Sources of Love, Character, and
> Achievement, Blink, Outliers, Mindset, Tipping Point, Between Shades of
> Gray, are new reads used at Springville High School.
>
> ~lanell rabner
>

> On Wed, Aug 14, 2013 at 4:26 PM, Sherry Paxton <
> sherry.paxton at millardk12.org> wrote:
>
>> Please share any great new books studied by high school students grades
>> 9-12.

> --
> Lanell Rabner
> Librarian