[Library Media] Summer reading program

Hall, Tiffany Tiffany.Hall at schools.utah.gov
Tue Jun 4 11:54:33 MDT 2013

Hello!

Summer is upon us, and with it, the issue of summer reading. We know that students who read over the summer retain more of what they have learned in the previous school year and enter the next grade more prepared to start school.

To help support parents and students in finding books that are appropriate for their age and reading level-and that are about topics of interest to them-USOE has partnered with MetaMetrics to provide the "Find a Book" program.

Using "Find a Book," students can enter or find their lexile level, pick categories that interest them, and then build a list of suggested titles they can find at their local library to read over the summer.

This information is posted at: http://www.schools.utah.gov/CURR/main/Core-Academy/Utah-Learns.aspx

Please disseminate this information as is appropriate. I have attached a web banner if you have a venue for it. Thank you!

Tiffany Hall
K-12 Literacy Coordinator
Teaching and Learning
Utah State Office of Education
Please note: Utah has a very broad public records law. Most written communications to or from state employees regarding state business are public records available to the public and media upon request. Your email communication may be subject to public disclosure.