[Library Media] GEN: Participation in organizations

Cindy Mitchell cindy.mitchell at jordandistrict.org
Tue Jun 4 10:55:48 MDT 2013

UELMA - I could not imagine not belonging to our state library
organization.  I love talking to everyone every year and being able to ask
for help and inspiration.

ALA - It is incredibly educational, fun and inspirational to occasionally
go to a national convention and meet all kinds of librarians from all over
the world, meet authors, look at upcoming titles and just feel the energy
of librarianship on a national level

AASL - I find it important to engage with school librarianship on a
national level.  I have not been to conference yet, but I have heard that
they are marvelous.  I do enjoy reading the monthly Knowledge Quest
magazine and going to the website and knowing that my issues are really
everyone's issues.

YALSA - I admit it, I am only in this one for the books.  THey talk about
books ALOT!  And they also discuss programming for teens, which is very
helpful.

On Tue, Jun 4, 2013 at 9:57 AM, Ann Riding <ARIDING at dsdmail.net> wrote:

>  I know that they are many, many librarian organizations and want to know
> which are the most valuable to you. ****
>
> So my question:****
>
>  ****
>
> Which organizations do you belong to and why? ****