[Library Media] Shelving Questions

Jeanna Grover jgrover at sanjuanschools.org
Tue May 7 13:35:32 MDT 2013

We are running into quite a controversy over how to build the new shelves for our "new" library.  Before the fire, we had fully adjustable shelving, with six shelves in the non-fiction and seven shelves per cabinet to hold the fiction books.

I know you are all crazy busy, and answering these questions would take some time, but I would really appreciate the following input from any and all of you (and especially from those with newer libraries):

1 - What is your cabinet height and shelf height in your fiction section?

2 - What is your cabinet height and shelf height in your non fiction section?

3 - What is your cabinet height and shelf height in your reference section?

4 - Do you have a section specifically for the oversized books that do not fit on your shelves?  If so, how many books are in that section?

5 - Are ALL of your shelves fully adjustable?

Thank you so much!!!!!!!
Jeanna Grover
San Juan High

jgrover at sanjuanschools.org<mailto:jgrover at sanjuanschools.org>