[Library Media] Defunding Public School Libraries Destroys Critical Part of Education

Fawn Morgan FMORGAN at dsdmail.net
Fri Apr 19 14:53:21 MDT 2013

When I finish thanking the Utah legislators who supported the school library collections funding - I'm working on it, Sharyl!, I am going to include this pithy line from the "Defunding" article:

"Libraries are the common intellectual meeting ground of individualized learners."

So many of the discussions found in the minutes of the education committees espouse the idea that computers alone programmed to provide independent learning can replace replace teachers in the learning process. If that is so, then school libraries in all their manifestations can supply the meeting ground.

Have a great weekend!

Fawn

Fawn B. Morgan, Teacher Librarian, Lancer Library, Layton High School 801-402-4996   http://tinyurl.com/lancerlibrary      Follow us on Facebook

" Libraries are the petrie dish of intellect and the information stored there provides the agar of learning." --Sara Roos, City Watch

Defunding Public School Libraries Destroys Critical Part of Education
http://www.citywatchla.com/8br-hidden/4907-defunding-public-school-libraries-destroys-critical-part-of-education

---
Sent from Zite<http://www.zite.com/?ref=email>, available for free in the App Store<http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=419752338&mt=8>.

M Guy Durrant