[Library Media] Creative Problem Solving

Fawn Morgan FMORGAN at dsdmail.net
Fri Mar 1 15:09:59 MST 2013

Friends

Sir Ken Robinson is specifically talking about students becoming creators of digital content in this video, but the link to creativity in information problem solving seems evident to me. Our core asks us to prepare students to solve their own problems and present the results in a creative manner. When I get a chance to discuss our research process I emphasize that it is not a linear one, just as creativity is not a linear process.

As those students develop higher level thinking skills in using information they become ready for the business force that Sir Ken mentions. "Teaching creativity systematically" - that's what we do, or could do if given sufficient support! (sigh) http://www.adobe-creativity.com/?trackingid=KDLBC#

Fawn B. Morgan, Teacher Librarian, Lancer Library, Layton High School     801-402-4996   Follow us on Facebook