[Library Media] After Jane Austen, then what?

Bill Goodrich bgoodrich at dcsd.org
Tue Jan 22 15:57:05 MST 2013

One of my LA teachers says to have them try books by Gwen Bristow like *Jubilee
Trail. *They have similar theme although slightly more "mature" in an
American setting.  She also suggests George Eliot books like *The Mill on
the Floss  *and *Adam Bede**  *or maybe even *Gone with the Wind*.
*
-Bill

*
On Tue, Jan 22, 2013 at 3:15 PM, Paula Zsiray <Paula.Zsiray at ccsdut.org>wrote:

>  This is the question that has been presented to me by several students.
> "I have read all of Jane Austen's books, what other authors are similar?"
>
> I welcome any suggestions.
>
> thanks
>
> paula z
>

>  Paula Zsiray