[Library Media] Games for Educators October Newsletter: Bringing people together

Juan Lee jtlee at utah.gov
Thu Oct 25 14:33:24 MDT 2012

FYI

If you are unable to see the message below, click here to view it.

   Web Site  | Game Finder  | Game Reviews  October, 2012

Feature Articles
Life is Collecting Moments
by Reisa Schwartzman
When it comes to bonding with family and friends, Reisa writes that it's all about collecting moments. But how, exactly, do we do that?
Read More!

Play against the game, not each other!
by Kim Vandenbroucke
This month, Kim takes a look at different ways to play games. How can you play with each other instead of against each other? Find out here.
Read More!

Bring the Family Together: Game Ideas
by Shara Lawrence-Weiss
Shara shares some great ideas for games and activities that you can do with your whole family!
Read More!

Free Game: Blow Blocks
by Patrick Matthews
Blow Blocks is a great free game you can play with your young children. It's both a game and a craft, and once you build it, you'll be able to play it over and over again.
Read More!

Events
ChiTAG - for Free?!?
The Play With Purpose conference at the Chicago Toy and Game Fair is the place to go for free games, CPDUs, and tons more. In addition, in this letter from Mary Couzin, she invites educators to be her guests at the rest of the Chicago Toy and Game Fair!
Read More!

Young Inventor Challenge
It's time to sign up for the Young Inventor Challenge again. Not only will it give the kids something absolutely fascinating to work on for the next couple of months, but it will end with a weekend of fun at the Chicago Toy and Game Fair.
Read More!

Great Stories from the Web
Academic Success in a Cardboard Box
Find academic success in a cardboard box... by playing games!
Read More!

7th Graders Create Boardgames
How about a middle school program where students make board games to demonstrate and reinforce their math lessons?
Read More!

Have an Idea for a Story?
Let Us Know!
We're always on the lookout for good stories, whether they're game reviews, or ways teachers or parents can use games, or even discussions of the educational benefits of games.

If there's something specific you'd like us to write about, let us know! This newsletter is all for you, after all. Why not let us know what you are interested in?

Bringing People Together
As the holiday season approaches, we decided to spend an issue looking at how games can help bring people together.
Regardless of who you'd like to spend time with, take a look. I'm sure we have the article for you.
Enjoy!

PODCAST!
Have you seen the Games in Libraries and Schools podcast, hosted by Giles Pritchard and Donald Dennis?
Go check it out!

Our Sponsors

Our newsletter goes out to over 180,000 readers. Would you like to have your company listed here?
Click here to find out how!
Finding Fiona SanFrancisco Help your students learn geography with this spy-themed geography unit for grades 3-6!
Griddly Games: Check out WiseAlec™ and laugh the night away!
The Game Aisle: The best reviews of the best games!
Early Childhood News and Resources: Where every life is valued, appreciated and nurtured.

This newsletter designed & produced by Live Oak Games Creative Services