[library-media] Very Interesting Report on K-12 emerging technologies

Juan Lee jtlee at utah.gov
Wed Jun 20 14:08:19 MDT 2012

Do you have 4 minutes? I encourage you to look at this video that summarizes the 2012 Horizon Report by the New Media Consortium. The "Project examines emerging technologies for their potential impact on and use in teaching, learning, and creative expression within the environment of pre-college education." I am pretty sure you will want to read more after watching the video!

http://www.nmc.org/news/its-here-releases-horizon-report-2012-k-12-edition

Six Technologies to watch:
- Mobile Devices & Apps (near-term horizon)
- Tablet Computing (near-term horizon)
- Game-Based Learning (mid-term horizon, 2-3 years away)
- Personal Learning Environments (mid-term horizon, 2-3 years away)
- Augmented Reality (far-term horizon, 4-5 years away)
- Natural User Interfaces (far-term horizon, 4-5 years away)

Enjoy!