[library-media] poet laureate video conference

Laura Hunter lhunter at uen.org
Wed May 2 13:24:21 MDT 2012

Friends,
The U.S. Poet Laureate will be doing a live video conference with students across the nation on Friday at 1 pm Utah time. UEN will be connecting patrons to this event at the Whitmore Library in Cottonwood Heights. If you'd like to follow along, you can view the live web stream at the link below. I will also be tweeting from Whitmore if you want to follow @UENNews or @lauhun.

I attached a handout of the three poems he'll be reading if you'd like to share this with teachers & students in your area.

Philip Levine to Lead May 4 Video Conference with High Schools and Public Libraries<http://www.loc.gov/poetry/events.html#may>

Philip Levine, the 18th Poet Laureate Consultant in Poetry at the Library of Congress, will connect with high schools and public libraries via video conference to read and discuss three of his poems: "Our Valley," "The Simple Truth," and "What Work Is." The reading and discussion will be followed by an extended question and answer period with video conference participants.

Event Date: Friday, May 4, 3 p.m. Eastern Time (1:00 pm MOUNTAIN TIME)

Viewing the Event: This event will be streamed live on the Web. A link to the live video feed will be available from the Poetry and Literature Center home page - http://www.loc.gov/poetry/ - the day of the event.

Enjoy!
Laura